Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Today's Workout:, Ouch, I hope that feels better in the morning

Up at 4:30 today, abs, then into the pool by 5:30. A 90 minute swim scheduled--well, 90 minutes if you are not a slow swimmer like me. Mine was more like 110 minutes.

4650 meters baby, and that my friends gets one beyond the 2.4 mile marker. Indeed, it was very tiring and my arms definitely hurt but mentally this is exactly what I needed. Today, I can see myself completing the LP swim.

Unfortunately, this is the longest swim remaining in my plan from my coach. I asked her for a reprieve. Sick as it may sound I asked that she add in some more 80-90 minute workouts if only for my mental well being.

In other news, feeling desperate, I dove into western medicine today. I went to a podiatrist who is both a runner and biker. It is best to be treated by a doctor that can understand your addictions. Diagnosis: plantar fascitis. Didn't I already diagnose this--who says you need to be good at math and science to be a doctor. Anyhow, one needle in the foot and about 8 oz (or so it seemed) of steroids shot in my heel. In addition to stretching (which admittedly I fail to squeeze in properly) I'm supposed to get these shots once a week. We'll see how that goes. As for now, my foot seems to hurt worse.

Up tomorrow: due to work travel (ahem) I'm having to do my long bike and run training day tomorrow. A sore excuse for a vacation day.