Sunday, June 03, 2007

Today's Workout: Dreary

130 minute run today. The weather was perfect, 70 degrees and drizzly. I was quite sore from my bike ride yesterday and my legs were not moving well initially. I did not bring salt tablets out with me--mistake. I think they would have been helpful today, provided some lift in my legs. I'll have to remember them next week.

When I got home, my right foot was killing me. The plantar fascitis has gotten much worse. While I normally am not a believer in western medicine, I cannot wait to get an appointment with a podiatrist to get a cortizone shot in my foot. I hope to do that in the next several days. Right now, my friend is ice and plenty of it.

Despite my foot, I had to get my swim in. It was on the schedule for yesterday but I'm too old for the trifecta after all of those hills. I swam 4000 meters--yep, 4000. I believe that would cover the 2.4 mile course. It was tiring definitely but I'm working with the new breathing and I think aerobically there is some improvement. I'll continue to work in the pool.

Tomorrow, a day of rest and do I need it. L