Thursday, May 03, 2007

Today's Workout

This was a good pool day, a day I can envision completing the 2.4 mile swim course at Lake Placid.

Up at 4:30. Funny how after I feed the animal kingdom they all go back to bed. I on the other hand moved to my abs then off to the gym.

I swam with the Masters today and we did a really great arm workout. We started with a 500 freestyle kick (with fins or else I'd still be there doing it). What a leg burn. Then we did 7 x 100 pull, sometimes with paddles, sometimes with one arm, sometimes no paddles--it was a great arm burner. We did 500 fly kick with one arm. My favorite was the 2 x 200, the first with the right paddle left fin the second with the left paddle right fin. Yes, it is very challenging to discern your left and right side in the morning. I can't remember what else we did, some back pull buoy, maybe some more one arm drills. I didn't stop until I hit 3,000 meters. That is just 1,000 meters shy of what I need on July 22 so I was very pleased.

Tomorrow, aye, tomorrow is going to be my big day. We are having company this weekend so I'm switching up my entire workout. Tomorrow I'm riding 3.5 hours of hills and then running for 40 minutes immediately after. Let's call it the long burn. Here is hoping that I will get a nap in before putting on a dinner party tomorrow evening.