Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:15 AM, just before the sun.......went down. That's what it feels like anyhow.

Abs then on the bike for an hour of work on the trainer. 20 minute zone 2 warmup, 20 minutes zone 3 with a cadence of 90, 15 minutes zone 3, 5 minutes easy spin cadence of 90 plus. Kind of boring. To be honest, I would have loved 20 minutes of one legged spinning but then I'm sick in that way.

A quick change and then out the door for a 40 minute run. What great weather. I don't really know what the temperature was but I was cool and comfortable in just shorts and a t-shirt. 10 minute warmup and then 5 x 4 minutes in zone 3, with a 2 minute zone 2 recovery. Hitting these zones is not as easy as it would seem and I think my anaerobic threshold may have changed. I talked to my coach about this. Apparently, sometimes your anaerobic threshold can lower. It makes no sense to me, you would think the fitter you get the higher it would get. That appears not to be the case with me.

In other news, the bike fitter has officially disappeared so I'm trying to get connected with someone else. Meanwhile, I see my chiro on Friday and I suspect that he will be realigning my hips. Ahhhh, it hurts so good.

Tomorrow, swimming with the Masters.