Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today's Workout

Buddy, the alarm clock, needs to reset his time. Up at 4:30, fending off Buddy the head-butter since 3:30.

Abs then on the bike for 45 minutes of time trialing. I threw in a few one legged drills. Then off for a 30 minute run--10 minute warmup and 5 x 2 minutes in zone 4, with a 2 minute zone 2 rest. Again, still having difficulty punching through zone 4 (heart rate above 166 for me) and keeping the heart down to zone 2 (heart rate below 149). Then my heart rate monitor starts acting up and registers a heart rate of 76 when I'm in a full sprint. Technology.

Tomorrow, I swim with the Masters. I'm enjoying my recovery week although I have to remember to eat a little bit less as I am exercising less. In just a few weeks I will be in Disney competing in a half-Ironman. It is so close that it's frightening. I think I'm ready but I sure would love a real steamy day to test my nutrition.