Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:30 AM and on to my abs. I was hurrying about this morning and forgot to also take in a protein shake--critical mistake.

Upper body weights, still managing to squeeze this in one a week. Into the pool for a 60 minute swim, or in my case, 70 minutes. This is where the no pre-workout calories takes effect. The beginning of my swim was fine, the last set nearly killed me. 400 warmup, 200 kick. 6 x 75 (50 drill, 25 swim)with 15 seconds rest--still working those one armed drills. 16 x 100 with 20 seconds rest, the first 800 with a pull buoy. The first 800 were no problem but I was definitely in a high zone 3 for heart rate. I decided to focus on not slowing down at the wall as I turn. I think I've been slowing down, resting a little as I turn. Not today. As a result, the last 800 about killed me. My heart rate was definitely jacked, it felt like zone 4. 50 warm down. 2700 total for the day.

Today was one of those days where the thought of swimming 2.4 miles seems incredibly impossible. I'm hoping that I am just tired from my ride on Sunday or that and the combination of the missing protein shake put me in a detriment before I hit the water today.

Tomorrow, bike and run combo.