Monday, April 23, 2007

A day of rest

I'm tired and a bit sore today but it is so beautiful outside I just want to hop on my bike. It is a perfect day heading for 80 and little humidity. We get about 5 of these days a year.

This is my recovery week which I desperately need. I have not looked at the schedule ahead but I know it will keep getting tougher. Already this schedule is kicking my butt and yet it is not that different from my training before I had a coach. Perhaps the only difference is I may push myself a little harder because I'm paying for this pain.

This week, I'm hoping to get my bike professionally fit but I'm still waiting for the fitter to respond to my emails. The aero position is bothering my neck and gives me limited vision, plus this is the same position that is causing my hip pain. I know there is a tweak that will change all of this.

Tomorrow, back in the pool. I watched "Duel in the Pool" a little bit this weekend which was a swim meet between Australia and the USA's best swimmers. They had an underwater camera that moved with the swimmers so it was great to look at the strokes. If only I had half of the swimmer's speeds, they looked like motor boats.....I look like a canoe. L