Sunday, April 22, 2007

Today's Workout

Ugh, up at 6:15 AM. Darn that sun waking up the animal kingdom. Out for a 110 minute run, why don't we just call this 2 hours. What a beautiful day. I ran to Old Town Alexandria and then along the river toward DC. The motor tabs are working nicely for me as far as nutrition goes albeit they have yet to be tested in the heat. Today was the first time in weeks that my feet did not lose feeling after 15 minutes of running. The only difference--I carried my water bottle in my left hand.

Technically, that was all that was on my list for exercise today--quite a difference from Saturday. Nonetheless, I took JB out for a spin on a course she is racing in a few weeks. It had a little up and down, nothing serious. Great day for a ride but I forgot the sunscreen and my hands got sunburned. Thereafter, I hauled a ton of mulch around the yard--I would rather have repeated Saturday's workout.

Tomorrow is a much needed day of rest. I think, I hope, this is my recovery week because I need it.