Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today's Workout

Some days I feel this is a fool hardy venture. Today is one of those days. I'm having difficulty picturing myself finishing LP--very discouraging.

I started with my bike today. I needed hills and because I was riding alone I wanted to hit them before traffic picked up. I was on my bike at 7:30 and I started with a long gradual hill. I like my hill climbing gears. The heart rate was up but I never felt that my momentum was so slow that I might fall over and I was able to spin up vs my old habit of standing as I climb. Overall, I hit a lot of hills today but I had a lower cadence and could not get comfortable in aero position. Hard to judge the quality of the bike, not great I would say.

When I arrived home I headed out for a 40 minute run. The temperature this morning was 45, by my run it was 72--lovely. I don't believe my legs were moving at all, I felt so terribly slow on my run. I was passd by an inch-worm. I've just grabbed a bite to eat and now I'm waiting to head to the pool for an hour swim--two 1,000, that will be fun (NOT).

I mixed up my nutrition a little today due to some unpleasant stomach complaints. I tried Motor Tabs for the first time which is like a big Alka Seltzer that you put in water. It's not the greatest tasting but it seemed to work on my stomach. I'll have to see over the course of time how it works.

A nap is calling me....not sure, could happen before I swim. Oooo, the thought of being horizontal.