Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today's Workout: Leg Crampalooza

Up at 4:30 and today I remembered my protein shake to help offset the early AM calorie burn.

Abs then off to the pool to swim with the Master's. Today's theme, how to burn out your legs 500 meters at a time. I was suffering from toe cramps in both feet, calf cramps both legs, and quad cramps in my left leg. After our warm-up we did some fast/slow kicking drills. This is when I first noticed that the chlorine content was high, I might as well have had my lips around the chlorine jar while breathing--kind of a major irritation on my sensitive longs. We did a lot of 500 series kicking and then a 500 swim with paddles. I added some swimming with paddles at the end to get me up to 3,000 meters on the day. I'm hoping as I get on my plane to Pittsburgh that my legs don't cramp up in the tiny seat.

Tomorrow is scheduled to be a long swim or ride but I'm mixing things up again to accommodate weekend obligations. I'll do my long run tomorrow morning before work. This will require that I'm out the door before 5 AM. Wahoo!! Anybody joining me?