Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Today's Workout: Was that 9 or 10?

Up at 4:30, that seemed to arrive quickly today. Abs then off to the gym for a quick upper body workout. Into the pool by 6 AM.

You know what I hate? I hate when you are swimming along and you lose track of your laps. Now that I am swimming longer sets I have to occupy my mind with something to help pass the time. The problem is I can get so carried away that I forget what lap I am on. I always go with the shorter. If I can't remember whether it is lap 9 or 10, I go with 9 realizing I may be adding to my mileage.

Today, I swam a mere 2500 meters. 500 warm-up, 6 x 50 (25 drill, 25 swim), 2 x 800 (the first with the pull buoy). 100 warm-down. Exhausting, really. I noticed that my time for the half-mile is better so I'm happy. I'll still get lapped at Lake Placid but I just don't want to be the last one out of the lake.

Tomorrow, an early rise for a bike and run.