Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Morning Quaterbacking

I am sore today, both arms and legs. I have never been sore before so I know yesterday's effort was a good one.

I'm competing Sunday in a two-mile open water swim to help with my swimming confidence level. I added 4 minutes to my swim time between last year and yesterday's effort and that is not the direction you want to go in.

Here is the 2007 analysis:
Swim 51:52
Bike 3:10:54
Run 2:12:58

With transition, total time was 6:23:09. I finished 52 out of 87 among women 40-44. I was supposed to be in the 45-49 year old age group but my registration was incorrect. I would have been mid-pack (32 out of 65) had I been in the correct age group.

That is my best bike and best run at this distance but my worst swim. I gave up a lot of time swimming so wide. I have to get better at spotting the buoys. Could it be I need to wear contacts during the swim? Has it really come to this?

Just for comparison, here is my 2006 data for the Florida Ironman 70.3. The bike course was different. This year it had rollers, last year it was flat with one hill.
Swim 47:52
Bike 3:24:22
Run 2:37:00

With transition, the 2006 total time was 6:58:59

I have to consult my schedule for the week. I think I have another rest day tomorrow and I truly need it. BTW, I finally got my stitches out today so I feel liberated.