Friday, March 16, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 5:15 AM to deal with the animal kingdom, then back to bed for more z's. Up again at 7:15 AM for real.

Today is supposed to be my second off day this week but I'm traveling to AL to give a presentation tomorrow. Saturday is a complete wash due to work. So, I'm doing my Saturday training today and taking tomorrow off instead.

Abs (390 crunches, 200 situps) then off to the gym for a swim and run. 50 minutes in the pool--200 swim, 200 kick warmup. 3 x 100 (50 drill, 50 swim), 8 x 50 pull buoy, 3 x 200 (focusing on long strokes), 10 x 25, and 100 cool down. 2050 meters for those keeping track. I don't know why I was tired for such a short swim.

From there I jumped on to the treadmill because I needed to run 60 minutes and it is pouring
outside. As part of that 60 minute effort I was to incorporate four 5-minute zone 3 efforts. I made it 20 minutes. I was spent, the treadmill is utterly boring, and I just could not push myself. If I were outside I could have gotten the job done, but inside on a treadmill, forget about it. I'll do the 60 minute run on Sunday that I could not get going today.

Off to Nauvoo, AL.....wherever that is.