Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:38 AM. I hate to say it, but I think I have to move my wake up call up 5 minutes or so. Taking care of the animal kingdom's morning needs crimps into my workout time.

Abs (390 crunches, 200 situps). 30 minute run in my new shoes. Jury is still out on whether I like them. One of the many endurance type nagging injuries I battle with is plantar fascitis. For those of you over 40 with high arches you may suffer from this without the excessive running. My right foot is slightly bothered at the moment, but I've had worse. Bottom line, I can't tell whether the shoes will help with that and some blistering issues I continue to have. I'll give it a few more runs. Today's run was supposed to be a 10 minute warmup in zone 2 and 20 minutes in zone 3. My darned heart rate monitor lost the signal eight minutes into the run. I think I met my targeted zones but I always like the precise confirmation.

On to the bike for 45 minutes on the trainer. 10 minute warmup in zone 2, 10 x 30 seconds at a cadence of 90 in zone 3 with 30 seconds easy spin in between, 5 x 4 minutes zone 3 cadence of 90 with 1 minute easy spin in between. I got a new seat the other day, the third I have tried on my new bike. I'll have to email my bike guy today, I have an exigent need for a new seat--Momma that hurt.

Best part of the day so far.....I got to ride my 15 year old hybrid bike to work. It makes me smile so much that I have to pull the bugs from my teeth when I get to the office. What a great way to start and end the day.