Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:38 AM. Abs (390 crunches, 200 situps), upper body weights at the gym. Can you tell how tired I am?

Into the pool for 60 minutes. If it's Thursday it must be anaerobic endurance day. I didn't have it today, too tired and the pool was too crowded. 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull to warmup. 6 x 50 drill (my favorite, one armed drills), 8 x 150 (this was supposed to be 50 fast, 50 easy, 50 fast--not only did I not have the energy or breath but it is impossible to do when circle swimming in one lane. Oh yes, and new breathing 3-2 which means three strokes then breathe, two strokes then breathe. I couldn't manage that either). 400 pull (I did use the 3-2 breathing here, I kind of like it. I think I want to work on it and maybe use that as my race breathing). 50 meter warm down for a total of 2550.

My hip is bugging me, I'm trying to ignore it but between swimming and biking the left hip flexor is screaming. If I could get some deep tissue heat I think that would help. Old age.....grrrrrr.