Friday, March 09, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:39 AM.

Abs (400 crunches, I miscounted, and 200 situps). One hour on the bike. What a killer workout. 10 minute warmup, 10 x 1 minute one-leg drill (no rest for the wicked here), 10 x 1 minute spin at a cadence of 100 in zone 3 with 1 minute easy spin in between (trust me, this was zone three with seepage into zone 4), 10 x 1 minute standing at a cadence of 80 with 1 minute easy spin in between (did someone turn the shower on).

I was jello coming off the bike but I went right into a 30 minute run. 10 minute warmup followed by 5 x 3 minutes in zone 3 with 1 minute zone 2 recovery. This all sounds good but my biggest problem is I have extreme difficulty finding zone 2. I can easily get into zone 3 but zone 2 is elusive. I think this is due in part to the hills in my neighborhood and from coming off the bike into the run.

Tomorrow I would like to take another ride outside but I have to get my bike to the shop and the shop is an hour drive from home. I'll be pressed for time tomorrow so it is highly probable that my 2.5 hour ride will be on the trainer. Darn it.