Saturday, July 25, 2009

Race starts in less than 24 hours

The nervousness is palpable in Lake Placid. Athletes are out swimming, biking and running all have the look of Lance when he is climbing the Alps--that concentrated stare.

I took my bike for a ride along the lake to check the fine tuning I had done by the David Greenberg and his Elite team yesterday. Perfection. I came back and changed into my run clothes then headed out on the loop of the course by the lake. Everything felt great--no tiredness in my legs, a tinge of pain in my knee but nothing compared to what I have experienced the last few weeks.

Today, I'll drop my bike and obsess over my gear and special needs bags one last time. I plan to spend as much time off my feet as possible which will be much more difficult then what I will do tomorrow.

The family and friends are gathering, still feeling confident, I can't wait to get started. A special thanks to JB for supporting me, again, as I seek the Ironman finish line. I could not have done it with out her. Also a big thanks to all who are joining me here and online to cheer me on. I'll need you all tomorrow, no doubt.