Monday, February 11, 2008

Trainer redux

Three days in a row now, I think this is a record. Up at 4:40 AM, abs, pushups then on to the trainer for 55 minutes. I accidentally kept hitting the timer on my watch so I really was only able to get interval statistics. Interesting workout today that I thought would be easy but I had no trouble hitting my zones. After some one legged drills, I did 5 sets of 1 minute 90 rpm, 1 minute 100 rpm, 1 minute easy. Then I did 5 sets of 1 min 70 rpm standing, 1 minute 80 rpm, 1 minute easy. I thought I would never get out of zone 2 but I had no problem keeping this in zone 3.

Off the bike I did 30 minutes of yoga. I'm really loving downward dog, cat pose, child pose and some spine twisting. It feels so good.

Tomorrow, no choice but to hit the pool. My hand is feeling better today so let's see what happens when I am back in the water.