Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not so bad

Up at 4:30 AM today, the Super Bowl induced sleep deprivation has been restored. Abs then off to the pool to swim with the Masters. My plan today was not horrible but I hate swimming so I definitely was dogging it (i.e. chatting too much). My foot is still yelling at me, can I use that as an excuse for low pool enthusiasm?

I'm thinking about swimming with my HRM at least once. It is completely nerdy and looks horribly uncomfortable but I am very, very curious. Today I was doing a series of 50's and my heart rate was jacked over 180. That does not seem right because I did not think I was sprinting it....maybe because it is so short I was unconsciously moving with speed to finish, not sure.

Tomorrow, I think given my foot, another day in the pool is on tap.