Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Iceland

The ice continues. Up at 4:30 AM and realizing that the Federal Government was on a 2 hour delay--one my employer follows--Buddy and I curled up on the couch for a snuggly extra hour of rest. We were both awoken by a neighbor scraping the ice from his car.

Abs and pushups then on to the bike assuming the Y was closed. An hour and 20 minutes of really good riding. Better yet, I didn't keep turning my watch off and on as I did the other day so I was able to get good data. Over half of my bike time was spent in deep zone 3--very satisfying. Of course the initial 20 x 1 minute one legged drills put me up there quickly.

Tomorrow, well there is the midnight Masters swim and I guess I will go to the weight room. I would love another day in the pool but swimming twice in one day just is not going to happen. I'm tinkering with a cold so the swim will help flush the sinuses--pity those who swim with me.