Saturday, February 16, 2008

Going nowhere

A beautiful, sunny day but not quite warm enough to endure a long ride. 3-5 more degrees and it would have been perfect if not a tiny bit chilly.

Off to the gym for the full weight room experience then on the bike for 3 hours. What I'm learning is that you can spend a high percentage of your time in the upper zones when you are on the trainer for an hour. As for three hours, your body keeps you in zone 2 and that is--I'm guessing--the science of how your body reacts to endurance training. After 3 hours of riding to nowhere I was spent and soaked in sweat. I made certain to work on my stretching incorporating a lot of my yoga moves and then I spent time icing my sore foot. Really, I'm trying hard not to complain.

Tomorrow, to the pool and back to the weight room. I thought I had another hour to put in on the bike but I have already completed my third bike this week.