Sunday, August 05, 2007

Today's Workout: Da Run

Up at 6:40 AM. I was anxious to get my run in before the heat of the day set in. It was actually a tiny bit breezy and not as bad as I expected.

I was working to turn my legs over and spent most of the run in zone 3. Could I have gone 13 miles today, no way. An hour hurt. I actually thought given my recovery that an hour would be a piece of cake but trust that I was working with a grimace and let me add that my plantar fascitis is screaming.

In other news, I picked up my zipp wheels yesterday from Plum Grove Cyclery. I cannot wait to get these on the road, my bike lost what feels like 10 pounds. I'm a little intimidated/worried about getting a flat--that will likely lead to a DNF in a race unless a bike mechanic happened along, but I think that the speed I just bought will be a big payoff and additionally lead to fresher legs for the run.

I have to work today but I'm hoping things proceed quickly and I'm able to at least tour the neighborhood with my zipps.

Tomorrow, a day of rest (I think). I'm traveling this week so I may need to move some things around.