Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Today's Workout: I am my own worst enemy

Up at 5 AM today. After attending to the animals I did my ab routine.

Today's plan called for a 45 minute ride at a cadence of 90 with some one legged drills thrown in. I threw my bike on the trainer, kept my cadence high and spun my wheels. Then I did 10 x 1 minute one legged drills. When I was done, I did some tweaking on my bike and then headed out for a 10-15 minute run. Always looking for some extra credit.

My plantar fascitis is still bothering me perhaps more than at any other time that I have been bothered by this injury yet still, I can run through it. I'm sure that is not smart on my part but isn't part of the iron focus to raise one's pain threshold? Other than my foot, my legs felt great and my knees were nice and high on this cool morning.

Unable to resist temptation (I mentioned it is a beautiful day, right) I rode in to work. I'm like an addict, I can't settle for a 45 minute ride when I'm accustomed to 3 hour workouts during the workweek.

Tomorrow, back in the pool with the Masters swim team.