Thursday, August 02, 2007

Today's Workout: A swim and an ER visit

Up at 4:30 AM, even the animals are finding this hard. Abs then off to the pool.

I repeated my Tuesday swim cursing myself the entire time. The Master's swim program today was too long and too kick intensive for me. I was a little sore from playing kickball at my office picnic yesterday. Those fast twitch muscles really don't get much use in an endurance athlete.

I came home and found my dog, Della, in distress. (I know you all thought the ER visit involved me--not so...this time) She could not walk and was obviously having some neurological issue. We rushed her to the Doggie ER. About an hour or so later she returned to normal. Apparently she had a seizure of some unknown cause and is now under 24 hour watch. I stayed home with her and I have just watched her sleep, albeit she did wake up enough to make me take her for a tiny walk. There is no real course of action here, it is possible the seizures will repeat themselves so for now we just keep watch.

Tomorrow, a second day off in my active recovery week. Well, maybe Della and I will sneak in an early morning walk.