Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Today's Workout: Resisting Temptation

Up at 4:30 AM today. Not a restful night so my eyes were mere slits today. After blindly fulfilling my animal kingdom duties, abs then off to the pool.

The plan called for a 45 minute workout totalling 2,150 meters. It's Tuesday, I like to go long on Tuesday and 12 days out I still think I should. I had planned to ab lib but after one set of 1,000 meters I gave in to my coach's better wisdom....sort of. Ok, I couldn't resist and I went 2,500 meters but for me that is not a bad deviation.

Yesterday I started to familiarize myself with the Lake Placid athlete guide. Yikes! In the instructions that JB will send out to my fan base I told her that she cannot over-emphasize the warning: "under no circumstances may you provide any aid or even touch me while on the course". You can rack up points (strikes really, because you only get 3) toward disqualification quite easily. Some offenses that may surprise the average viewer include littering. Does it count when you drop salt tablets.....I believe they would be biodegradeable? Maybe my lawyering skills will come in handy in this race.

Tomorrow, a bike and run and hopefully a break from this oppressive heat.