Monday, July 09, 2007

Today's Workout: The bubbling of anxiety

Up at 6:30 AM today, it's like sleeping in until noon. Of course, it helped that I had one of my daily swim allergy attacks and had to get up at 2 AM to find some Benadryl.

I'm starting to have some anxiety dreams about the race. Last week I drempt that they reversed the sequence and started with the run. In the run, the trail was poorly marked and I had to climb over and through construction sites. Last night I drempt that packet pickup was on race day and a friend was not on the list. I was trying to find a race official so I could persuade them that she should participate which then caused me to be late. I also remember missing breakfast because my resulting tardiness meant that all of the restaurants were packed. Too funny.

I took a quick look at the week ahead and I have two rest days this week. Nice. Tomorrow, back to the pool.