Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Today's Workout: Back to old school

Up at 4:30 AM today, another sneeze infested night from whatever allergic reaction I have to swimming in the pool. The benadryl bottle is starting to run low.

Abs then on the bike trainer for 45 minutes. I watched the Lake Placid Spinerval video while bouncing between zones 2, 3 and 4 and trying to keep a fairly decent cadence. I remember this course from training camp pretty well but I like watching the video to help me with my pre-race visualization. Off the bike, I went on a 40 minute zone 3 tempo run. It was fairly muggy this morning so breaking a sweat was not difficult. I decided to run without my ipod shuffle because the entire marathon portion of Lake Placid is old school, no music unless you want to collect a penalty. While I have used my ipod to help me through some of the monotony of training, it was nice to enjoy the environmental noise during my run this morning.

Tomorrow, back in the pool with the Masters. I leave you with an inspirational quote that I'm saving for race day for all of you Star Wars fans: "do or do not, there is no try" Yoda.