Monday, June 25, 2007

Today's Workout: Recovery

Up at 6:30 AM today, a girl could get used to that. Today is a day of rest.

I'm a tiny bit sore from yesterday's race but not bad. Race results are out and interestingly I was unknowingly competing in my USAT age group 45-49. I will be 45 in a few weeks but had I known I was racing 45-49 I would have focused on chasing down the 45-49 year olds instead of the 40-44 year olds. Oh well.

In the category of old ladies 45-49, I finished 5th in my age division yesterday. Two spots out of the podium sunlight but inching ever so much closer. Women my age are fast and I'm just catching up thanks to the excellent training from my coaches. The other notable from the race results is that I surprisingly averaged 8 minutes 11 seconds per mile despite the predominately uphill course. It didn't feel like that at all, in fact I felt like it was closer to 10 minute miles then 8 minute miles. Nonetheless, it proves once again that this old gal loves to play catchup on the discipline that most racers hate.....the run.

Tomorrow, a long swim in the pool.