Friday, June 22, 2007

Today's Workout: Sans Floaties

Up at 4:50 AM today. I tried to make it to 5 AM but Buddy insisted on seeing some food in his bowl. Abs then off to Chinquapin, my neighborhood pool. I want to give the Y a few more days to corral any remaining wonderbread in their pool.

Anaerobic workout today which means most of the workout is spent with your heart beating out of your chest. Chinquapin's pool is older but the water is kept colder and it also seems clearer, easier to move through. Could all be psychological. Lots of good swimmers there and a fairly active Senior crowd. I was beating very few people with my speed workout. Overall it was a good workout, I'm totally feeling it and grateful it is behind me.

Tomorrow there is just some warmups on my schedule as I am racing an Olympic distance race Sunday in Lake Montclair (1 mile swim, 40k bike, 10k run). Actually I'm not sure that I can say that I'm racing it but instead I am using it as a training opportunity. Having done all of this endurance training, the shorter distances are difficult to attack with any speed. I think I will go out on my bike tomorrow locally to make sure I still have some leg strength but I don't plan on climbing Skyline until next week.