Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Today's Workout: Back in the saddle

Up at 4:30 AM today. I seriously contemplated going back to bed after my animal kingdom duties. I'm wiped and had a hard time starting up today.

Abs then on the bike and trainer for 45 minutes. Some one legged drills (remember when I loved those) and some zone 2 and zone 4 efforts with a high cadence. Zone 2 was no problem, zone 4 never seemed to materialize. Still tweaking my bike fit. I raised my aero bars slightly today, the pros at camp thought my setup was a bit extreme. I need to put my lifts on my right shoe, see if I can raise the seat another half inch and get my handlebars raised. Ultimately that will be best for my hip pain and the deadness of my left leg.

A quick change then out for a 45 minute run with 5 one minute zone 4 efforts. I had the heart rate a little higher and I think I was moving well but I'm not sure zone 4 was achieved. I was feeling the bike seat still, probably from the weekend, and my legs were more tired then I anticipated. I did get in some good hills with LP in mind.

Tomorrow, swimming in the good company of my Masters class.