Thursday, June 07, 2007

Today's Workout: Turn on the Heat



Just a little shot of the 800 meter reprieve at Skyline Dr. in between 5 miles of climbing heading into another 3 miles of climbing.

Up at 5 AM today, really, like sleeping in on a Saturday. Sweet! Abs then back to the pool for a 45 minute swim. My arms are still sore from Tuesday. I think the grand total today was 2000 meters which in my view was just enough. The good news is that I talked my coach into extending my swims for the next several weeks--I can smell that race line.

I rode into work today. The heat index is supposed to be over 100 later so why not work on handling the heat. Not much company out there, looks like the weatherman scared everyone away. A friend from Phoenix analogizes these type of days to putting your oven on 350, sticking your head in and trying to breathe.

Tomorrow, a 90 minute bike followed by a 45 minute run. Finally, a slow day. From there I will head to the bike shop for some last minute tweaking before camp. I yearn for my gears to shift on demand and it would be nice if the brake was not rubbing on my way uphill.