Thursday, June 07, 2007

Today's Workout: Legs in the pool

Up at 4:30 AM. I slept like a dead woman, very refreshing. Abs then off to the pool to swim with the Masters.

Quiet class today focusing a lot on legs. I made sure to add in an equal amount of pulling and swimming. My arms are still tired from Tuesday's workout. The new breathing is still working out for me, could all be psychological but I don't care.

Tomorrow, another swim day but I think it is only 45 minutes long. It will be a nice way to stretch out all of those sore muscles.

I forgot to mention that I met a young man (and yes I know that makes me sound old) yesterday who is half-way through hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, Georgia to Maine. We had a nice, easy conversation about the high points in his experience and whether he would chronicle his journey by writing a book. I could have chatted with him all day. It is so great to experience not only nature but people as well despite the many solemn miles of training.