Friday, April 20, 2007

Today's Workout

I thought.....I was hoping.....to sleep in a little today. I had a sneeze festival which resulted in my getting up nearly an hour earlier then I had intended. Despite my success at sending the animal kingdom back to bed--they made an attempt through head butting and dancing around the bed to convince me to get up at 4--I could not stave off the sneezing.

Up at 4:30 AM. I slowly made my way through the morning chores, did my abs, and actually stretched before I got on the bike--stretching was a luxury. My coach gave me 60 minutes on the bike, my choice of workout. Tempting to be lazy, very tempting. Nonetheless, I did a 10 minute warmup, 20 x 1 minute one legged drills (hard to believe this is voluntary), then I did some time trialing. 4 minutes at a cadence of 80 with 1 minute easy spin, 4 minutes at a cadence of 85 with 1 minute easy spin, 4 minutes at a cadence of 90 with 1 minute easy spin, 4 minutes at a cadence of 95 with 1 minute easy spin, 4 minutes at a cadence of 100 with 1 minute easy spin, and finally 30 seconds at at cadence above 100 30 seconds easy spin. I stayed on for 5 minutes to warm down. I could teach a spin class, couldn't I....people would hate me.

Tomorrow is another trifecta Saturday: 1 hour swim, 3.5 hour bike, 40 minute run. I have no idea where I am going on the bike and I have yet to scare up someone to ride with me. I need to get on some hills so in preparation I switched by tire to my hill climbing gearing which I bought especially for Lake Placid. Did I mention there is 2000 feet of climbing times 4 in Lake Placid. The race course profile seems to indicate that about half the race is straight uphill. I am voluntarily doing this, right?