Sunday, April 15, 2007

Today's Workout

I had a 30 minute run leftover from my weekend to do list, however, I was unable to accomplish this minor task. I am so sore from yesterday's training and I have bad blisters on my left foot. Not sure why, but for some reason my feet blister but never callous when I add miles to my training.

I awoke at 7:09 and dealt with the animal kingdom. I ate breakfast and then went back to bed. Della and I slept for 3.5 hours--a deep, I can't hear a thing, I can't move sleep. I decided to scrap the 30 minute run in part because I hate the treadmill (it's still pouring) and because my foot hurts. I went to the gym did some lower body weights then jumped in the pool for 55 minutes. Whenever I am sore there is nothing better than a swim to limber up these old bones. My cure which I share with you.

Lastly, I had a massage today with a focus on my left hip. Massage is a key to my recovery and training longevity. Without it I could never do what I do. Tomorrow, a day of rest. If only I could spend that in my jammies in bed.