Thursday, April 12, 2007

Today's Workout

The details are not going to be too specific, this old gal's memory is not the best. Up at 4:30 AM after a fitful sleep listening to the rain pound on the slate roof. The usual animal kingdom chores. Abs then off to the gym to swim with the Masters team.

We started with 200 back kick, 200 side kick with one arm drill, 100 fly kick. Then the t-shirts came on. 4 x 200 swimming in t-shirts with fins. What a killer. 200 swim no t-shirt, amazing how slippery you feel in the water. From here I lost track of what we did--200 one legged back kicking, 300 fly kick, somethng else where we had a choice of kicking. 4 x 25 no breathers--really, I panic on these. I only made it 25 meters once. More kicking at the end. This all added up to 2300 meters which I thought was a little short on my end. I added 500 meters of swimming with paddles and fins and 200 meters of pull buoy. I wanted to work my arms a little. I don't mind all of the kicking but I worry about losing strength in my arms if I don't work them a bit.

Next up, bike and run tomorrow. Saturday is supposed to be the trifecta but the weather is calling for a high of 48. If I don't find a way to get outside on my bike this weekend you'll hear me screaming from wherever you are. Off to check weather.com to see if Sunday is a better option for the trifecta.