Friday, April 13, 2007

Today's Workout

Surprise, surprise. I thought I had to bike and run today but as it turns out I only needed a 60 minute bike, thus, I was able to sleep in until 5:10 AM. Wahoo!!

Abs and then on the trainer for a spin to nowhere. 10 minute warmup. 20 x 1 minute one legged drills. Anytime you want to sweat instantly and jack your heart rate, do a few one legged drills on your bike. 3 x 3 minutes zone 2 cadence of 90 with one minute easy spin in between. Kind of hard to get the cadence high and the heart rate low. I was knocking on the door of zone 3 but I tried to keep it under control. 5 x 2 minutes zone 3 cadence of 100 with one minute easy spin in between. Feel the burn. 5 minute warm down.

Tomorrow, trifecta Saturday but due to a nasty nor'easter (yes, it is still April) it looks like this is going to have to take place indoors. Yuk! Well, I'm hopeful that I can get my run in outside because you know how I hate a treadmill.