Thursday, April 05, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:30 AM, I said it was a recovery week AKA no early risers.

Abs, lost my focus and threw in an additional 40 crunches. To the pool for the 5:30 AM Masters class. The coach is working with me on the fly, something about swim coaches liking the long, lean types to swim like dolphins. 200 kick, 200 pull, 100 fly kick as a warm-up. 2 x 400 freestyle with fins, the second set with fins and paddles (feel the burn). 300 back kick, 200 fly kick with arms, 300 side kick, 200 side fly kick with arms, 200 freestyle no fins. Lots of leg work today. The fly looks so graceful on others, as for myself it is a mental challenge. Was I supposed to breathe? Was it four kicks and the arm? Not sure I like the fly, I don't feel it in my arms and I think I look like I'm drowning. 2,500 meter total on the day for those keeping track.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, second one this week. Not sure if I can do it.