Sunday, March 18, 2007

Today's Workout

One hour run with four 5-minute zone 3 efforts. Given the hills in my neighborhood the harder part of this run is getting the heart down to zone 2. It's a cold windy day, slighlty above freezing. The run was fine but it is entirely too windy and ctoo old to ride outside (not to mention the patches of ice from Friday's storm).

I planned on riding with a new group in MD, alas it was me on the trainer with occasional company from Buddy who was enjoying the kitty-vision in the sunroom. 90 minutes on the trainer with a spinerval DVD. A good effort but again, probably too much zone 3. I took the opportunity to move my bike computer, still looking for that magic spot where I can read it in the aero position (darn these 44 year old eyes).

In the week ahead: Looking for a cure to my uncomfortable bike seat (the new one should be on its way from my bike guy) and new running shoes. I bought new shoes last week and I absolutely hate them. They make my feet fall asleep and my ankle hurt. My old dunlaps--done all they could and lapped to the side--might be better then these all too expensive replacements.

The recovery week is over, now back to more intense training the next two weeks.