Friday, March 02, 2007

Today's workout

The theme: soggy.

Rise and shine at 4:38 AM, I think someone played with my alarm.

Abs, you know the drill (390 crunches, 200 situps). One hour on the bike doing a Spinerval DVD. The entire workout is in the highest gear--they call it weight training on the bike, all drills are designed for strength building. I broke through my anaerobic threshold several times--this was predominately a zone 4-5 workout.

Finally, a 30 minute run--well it ended up being 25 minutes because I was hauling but my motivation will become evident momentarily. I stepped outside at 6:45 am, it was a balmy 56 degrees with a few sprinkles--glorious. I took two steps into my run and the sky opened up on me. My shoes were squishing before I hit the corner. Although this should have been a zone 2-3 run, it was 4 knocking on 5 because I'm sugar and I melt when mixed with water.

Tomorrow's preview: maybe, just maybe a ride outdoors.