Saturday, March 03, 2007

Today's Workout

Up and at 'em at 6:10 AM, got to sleep in.

Off to the gym for an hour endurance form swim, 2500 meters (300 swim, 300 kick, 300 pull to warm up; followed by 4 x 50 one arm drills, 300 swim, 4 x 50 drag your fingertips on recovery drill, 300 swim, 4 x 50 catch one hand up with the other in front of you, 200 pull, 100 swim then I got kicked out because Saturday classes were beginning).

I grocery shopped then came home and had an internal debate about whether to take my complete bike workout outdoors or do part Spinerval DVD, part outdoors. I hate riding alone and I was worried it might still be too cold--47 degrees. I loaded the bike on the car and headed for the W & OD trail.

Nearly three hours of riding on my new bike. It was mostly great, a couple of times the wind caught me--which I hate. Toward the end, my hip flexor was spasming--I've had a problem with the hip flexor for some time. The spasms were so bad that I couldn't clip my shoe into my pedal so for awhile I was doing some one legged spins unintentionally. All in all, I had a great ride and I'm loving how balanced my bike feels. Come on spring!