Thursday, December 28, 2006

Who is calling who crazy?

I headed north for the holidays to two different locations in upstate NY. First, Syracuse, where I usually welcome a white Christmas. Second stop, in the Catskill Mountains--also traditionally white on Christmas. There is no snow, of course, except for those lucky folks in Denver CO. I put a lot of miles on the car this week and saw only a few flakes of snow-disappointing to be sure.

I am in pre-season training so during the course of my journey, my bike was strapped to the rooftop and my trainer and spinerval DVDs were in the back of the car. For good measure, I threw in my helmet in case I felt like riding outside. I passed many cars with skis or snowmobiles in tow and even though it is almost January let's all admit that I looked the least craziest of these sports enthusiasts.

Ride your bike to work and cutdown on harmful emissions in your life if you want snow in the winter and something other than scorching temperatures in the summer. That's crazy talk for "do something in your life about global warming."