Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Secret

For the last week I've been sick as a dog, out of the office three days--a personal record. With OTC drugs having little impact on my symptoms I drove myself to Urgent Care Thursday morning. Diagnosis: bronchitis, sinus infection. Armed with antibiotics, probiotics, and decongestants I waited for my symptoms to abate. They improved some but too slow in recovery for my pleasure.

How did I finally make the turn toward health? My secret weapon--massage therapy and moderate exercise. Earlier this year I had a similar health setback. I called my massage therapist and told her that perhaps I should cancel my appointment due to my germs. She recommended that the massage may in fact help move the cold through my system. How right she was. I'm a believer. If you have a bad cold and have turned the corner slightly toward health, get a massage to speed up the process. I admit, everything hurt during the massage but the day after my lungs were good enough to run 3 miles.