Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oh the run

On the agenda, a 100 minute run. I cannot remember the days when I loved and looked forward to my long run. Now, I continue to be miserable with my piriformis and hamstring issue. Also, as I discovered when I ran yesterday without taping my foot, there is still the lingering although improved plantar fascitis.

To make matters worse, my anesthesia--aka my IPOD--was not charged. I spent 100 minutes with a goofy song stuck in my head. I actually got excited when I ran into some folks training for TNT down by the river. I made it a game to catch them. No success there on my slow legs. To make matters worse, I developed a huge blister in the same spot as my St. Croix blister. Fun.

I think I am going to shelf my Newtons for now. I ran in my old running shoes today and my leg actually felt a bit better. Maybe it is psychological, maybe not. Either way, I am going to try going back to my old New Balance and see what happens.