Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally spring

I was off today to get in my big bike and brick run. I wanted to ride flat so I headed out on the generally over populated W & OD trail. On a weekend, the trail is extremely over-crowded and as a result dangerous. Today, perhaps as a result of my 6 AM start, it was steady but I was able to move at a good clip.

When I started out it was a bit chilly but I was able to rid some layers at the turn around. I was also able to ride in the wind a bit as it was breezy but oh, so sunny. After 4 hours, I returned to the house and changed into my running shoes. I was expecting a work related call so I took my phone out on my run. Honestly, I was so tired I kept saying to myself--now would be a good time for the call. My phone never rang despite the fact that my work colleagues did call--kind of frustrating. I hate my phone.

All in all, a good day's work. Now on to moving mulch and grocery shopping.