Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't tell anyone

Second time this week, I actually enjoyed my swim. Yes, it was 2,500 meters of hard work and I was sucking in some air but all in all it was good. Granted I had a lot of work related issues to process which also did help. Plus, there is something about the serious tone of swimmers at the city pool. Sure there are some characters--like the elderly guy who swims to strokes and stands to breathe (kind of cute) or the tarzan swimming guy who likes to swim with me around 7 am, but there are also people who take themselves too seriously and those that can back it up.

I opted out of the masters swim tonight, the final class. With gas at $4 a gallon this was not a difficult decision to abandon the total 90 mile commute.

Tomorrow, I am taking the day off from work and normally I would be off from training. Instead, I will do my long bike and brick run and try to make it home in time for a 10:30 conference call. Yeah, so much for the day off from work part.