Saturday, May 17, 2008

So much for a light day

Today the plan called for a 20 minute ride and 10 minute run. I admit, it is very difficult to do so little. I got the ride in and the bike was working fine. Given the predicted rain tomorrow I decided to keep my riding wheel in the back and put my race wheel on in the front only. I am hoping to avoid the hydroplaning that happened in St. Croix. Could be altogether a stupid plan. I took my run a little long. The bumb leg hurts but it's only 6.2 miles tomorrow so everything should be fine.

The remainder of the day bordered on ridiculous. I moved about 50 or so wagon's full of mulch to the back yard--that would be uphill. In the mud, my crocs did not have much traction so there was a lot of slipping and sliding. Then the grass looked long so I mowed that front and back. From there I went out to Columbia to drop my bike and get registered. This all took entirely longer then I had planned and I did not get home to eat until 7:30 PM. Needless to say, that 3:40 AM alarm will hurt.

Tomorrow, I hope for good weather. The course is hilly (both bike and run) so I anticipate that I will be over 3 hours on the course, perhaps 3 and a quarter. My best time at this distance on a flat course is 2:45--pancake flat with a remarkable swim. No repeat anticipated here.