Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Glorious day for a ride

Up at 4:30 AM, not a very restful night sleep. Abs and pushups then on the bike for 45 minutes. 20 x 1 minute leg drills, oh those--must we? Then some zone 4 work. My plan called for 60 minutes but given that I had planned to ride to work I abbreviated the bike.

Off the bike and out for a fartlek run. That was kind of fun actually. Working some zone 4, good recovery. Yesterday I ordered some New Balance running shoes, going back to my standard. I like the Newtons but because of my leg issues I get no speed out of them so what is the point. Plus I cannot quite grasp how to go downhill on my toes.

The ride in was glorious. Finally, a day without rain and what a beautiful day it is. Needless to say, I was not alone on the two-wheeled commute.

Tomorrow, just a swim with the Masters on the plan but I'm unsure I will drive an hour after work to get out to Manassass. Perhaps, instead, a dip in the local pool.