Friday, December 07, 2007

Competition Beware

My new Master's class is an intense challenge but one I already see benefit in. I'm completely confident that I will be faster in the water. Last night I swam so hard my upper abs hurt. When you are limited to 16 strokes per length you are putting some serious stretch on your body.

Today is usually my off day but I'm traveling for work tomorrow. Normally, this would be a great running day but I still cannot run. Thus, I'm off to lift weights, swim and maybe get on the elliptical machine although it is a poor replacement for my run. It's tough to duplicate my weights and swim workout yesterday but I have little choice.

I'm hoping to ride outside on Sunday but the weather forecast has now dropped by 10 degrees--wrong direction. I would hate to be on the trainer Sunday but it could happen. Off to the gym.