Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today's Workout: Just Keep Swimming

Up at 4:30 AM, the usual animal kingdom duties, abs then off to the pool.

Today was a 90 minute workout that I talked my coach into. It was originally scheduled as a 60 minute swim. I finished in 95 minutes, not bad. Total: 3750 meters. That will get me in and out of the LP swim so if for no other reason then the mental benefits, today was a great swim.

Tonight, I have a chiro appointment and another meeting with the bike fitter. To be honest, my foot hurts so much that I have forgotten about my hip pain. The chiro thinks he can help with my foot too, but I have yet to see any relief.

Tomorrow, I have no scheduled workout. I start to make my way to Lake Placid for a 4-day camp run by Spinervals that is held on the course beginning Thursday. I should (if I don't allow myself to cheat) get 4 bites at the swim course, 2 on the bike, and 2 on the run. I will try to commit every blade of grass to memory in preparation for race day. As for now, I'm empathizing with all of those parents who have to pack their kids crap to send them off to camp. Not as easy as you would think, particularly when you have mid-40's creature comforts and technical sports gear.