Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Today's Workout: Relaxation

No workout scheduled today. I do feel a little guilty about that but I suppose my coach believes that Ironman Camp will provide me with ample exercise.

In a few hours I am off to Lake Placid. I will be in the water on the swim course by 4 pm tomorrow, toast me with a latte. Should I survive this mission, I will return home late Sunday evening, no doubt a wee bit sore but all the more wiser. I am going to try and blog from camp, emphasis on try. I'm not certain what technological capabilities the Inn has--remember, I'm not in a tent but I am still a camper.

Last night, I was adjusted by my Chiro. The sweet spot is when he can get what feels like the head of my femur in my left leg to pop inside my pelvis. Mission accomplished, wish I could say the experience is enjoyable. He also worked on my foot but despite his efforts he was unable to increase the flexibility in it. All of his massaging did make the plantar fascitis hurt quite a bit, hard to believe I pay for that.

I also had my bike fit which involves a series of measurements of various angles and adjustments to try to increase my efficiency while simultaneously easing my injuries. In short, my seat was raised by nearly two inches which now results in my hips staying in one position while I ride vs rocking back and forth. I'm also getting lifts for my right cleat to compensate for the functional difference that is creating my significantly differing leg lengths on the bike. Is anyone surprised that I am a hard case for the bike fitter?

More from camp, I look forward to the s'mores only instead of graham crackers and chocolate I think it will be more like "s'more hills".